Upcoming MeetingsTuesday, December 17 at 6:30 pm -- General Meeting in a NEW location -- at the Springfield Utility Board (SUB) Board Meeting Room, 223 A Street, Suite F, Springfield
Come join us.
Ron WJ7R, Pres. EARS
Amateur Radio License Winter ClassesEntry-level (technician) License Class: Thursdays 7:00pm-8:30pm Jan 9 - Feb 27th.
Intermediate-level (general) License Class: Tuesdays 7:00pm-8:30pm Jan 7 - Feb 11th.
Place: American Red Cross building, 862 Bethel Dr. Eugene
Cost: No cost for the class! The study book is $30. License exam fee is $15 at exam time.
Book (for the technician class): Ham Radio License Manual, 2nd edition.
Book (for the general class): General Class License Manual, 7th edition.
The book is available from the following sources:
- Matt Dillon (see below)
- Ham Radio Outlet, Portland store, 1-800-765-4267
- American Radio Relay League, www.arrl.org
Contact: Matt Dillon W7ARD
439 Heywood Ave., Eugene, OR (Santa Clara area)
EARS Breakfast and Open Shack:3rd or 4th Saturday every month -- whichever follows the monthly EARS General meeting --
Time 8:30 am, Location -- Addi's Diner, Springfield.
Then to our Shack (about 9:30 am) at the Justice Center EOC in Springfield
- Factsheet: Cascadia Subduction Zone
- Shockwave - The Documentary: Cascadia Subduction Zone
- "LIVING ON SHAKY GROUND" Booklet - How to Survive Earthquakes and Tsunamis in
- Oregon Tsunami Clearinghouse
- OUTSIDE MAGAZINE Article, By: Bruce Barcott--
Minute-by-Minute Narrative of Most Likely Sequence of Events
resulting from a Present-Day
Cascadia Subduction Zone MegaQuake