- Our next regular club meeting will be held online via Zoom, November 16, 2021, at 7:00 pm. The link to get into the meeting is sent by email. If you are not on our email reflector, I can send you the link directly. Send the request to: nt7b at outlook dot com.
- The email reflector is now open to interested non-members; you can sign up here: https://mail.emerald-ars.us/mailman/listinfo/ears_emerald-ars.us . Please include your name and/or callsign so we can verify you’re a local Ham and not a spam-bot.
- Amateur Radio License Exams: Testing will resume Saturday, October 30. Scroll down this page for more information.
- Join us On-the-Air: The EARS Net meets on our repeater, Thursday evenings at 7 pm. Click the “Nets” tab for more details.
73, Jeff Hammond NT7B, Pres. EARS
Amateur Radio License Classes
Entry-level (Technician) license
Location and time : TBA
Registration Contact: Scott Rosenfeld
Amateur Radio License Exams
You can get your initial license or upgrade your license with us. The Emerald Amateur Radio Society normally offers exams on the last Saturday of each month at the Springfield Justice Center. For more information click this link.
What to bring to testing:
- Money or check to cover testing fees,$15.00 payable to “ARRL/VEC.”
- If you are testing for the first time, you will need 2 pieces of ID,one must be a photo ID.
- If you are up-grading, please bring a copy of your FCC license and any CSCE’s you may have, as well as photocopies of these documents along with your photo ID.
If you are successful in passing the Technician or General Test, you will be given the opportunity to try for the next higher class licence for no additional fee at that time.For more information contact Peter McClosky at N7IY@arrl.net
EARS Breakfast and Open Shack
955,038 total views, 589 views today