Meeting Information:Next meeting will be on August 23rd at 7:00PM at the Springfield Justice Center 230 4th Street, Springfield, Oregon 97477. Our presenter will Be David Kidd, ARRL Section Manager for Oregon. David has agreed to a short presentation at around 7pm Via ZOOM! In response to a previous request by our board for information on ARES. David will be sharing briefly on an overview of ARES. David has graciously rearranged his busy schedule to give this presentation so many thanks to him for his response to EARS. This will be great information so let our response be to bring a friend and have the best ZOOM attendance possible. See you at our meeting!
Last Updated on July 27, 2022 by Doc, W7DOK
1,545 total views, 14 views today
Amateur Radio License Exams
You can get your initial license or upgrade your license with us. The Emerald Amateur Radio Society normally offers exams on the last Saturday of each month at the Springfield Justice Center. For more information click this link.
What to bring to testing:
- Money or check to cover testing fees,$15.00 payable to “ARRL/VEC.”
- If you are testing for the first time, you will need 2 pieces of ID, one must be a photo ID.
- If you are up-grading, please bring a copy of your FCC license and any CSCE’s you may have, as well as photocopies of these documents along with your photo ID.
If you are successful in passing the Technician or General Test, you will be given the opportunity to try for the next higher class license for no additional fee at that time. For more information contact Peter McClosky at N7IY@arrl.net
EARS no-host Breakfast gatherings are held monthly at 10 am on the first Saturday of the month, at the 1689 Willamette St, Eugene.
See you at Brail’s Restaurant in Eugene.
Don’t forget to look over our calendar of events. You can find the link to it in the menu section across the top, or click here for it.
EARS Mail list
This list is open to all Amateurs, and non-amateurs, regardless of EARS membership status.
– To subscribe, click here:
– When one person sends a message, everyone on the list gets it
– It’s a closed list: only members of the list can post
– The list is managed, so there should be NO spam.
Last Updated on July 27, 2022 by Club Secretary
1,041,989 total views, 24 views today